Natural Help for Menopausal Symptoms

//Natural Help for Menopausal Symptoms

Natural Help for Menopausal Symptoms

Unfortunately, it seems to be the general consensus that women are going to have trouble when they enter menopause.  The normally functioning female does not have significant problems with the condition.

The adrenal glands produce the same male and female hormones as the reproductive organs.  During the reproductive years they produce small amounts of the hormones.  Normally the adrenal glands mature in their process of forming female hormones at the time the ovaries reduce functioning.  Although the adrenals do not produce the female hormones in nearly the same concentration as the reproductive system, they provide the necessary maintenance as the reproductive organs cease functioning.  If an individual has prolonged adrenal stress disorder (ASD), the symptoms of menopause such as:

  • irritability
  • vaginal dryness
  • hot flashes
  • loss of libido
  • depression
  • night sweats

If these symptoms occur, a woman should obtain natural health care as soon as possible.  Ideally, a woman will use a maintenance health approach designed to keep her body functioning at an optimal level to prevent the development of such symptoms.

During childbearing years, roughly 85% of the estrogen in a woman’s system is derived from the ovaries.  The other 15% or so comes from the adrenal gland.  When treating women with menopausal symptoms, understanding the interplay between the ovaries and adrenals is paramount.

ASD is responsible for so many symptoms that many doctors not knowledgeable in its diagnosis and treatment have classified patients with this condition as hypochondriacs or as having “nervous” conditions, and have given them antidepressants or tranquilizer medications.   I have talked about ASD in great detail in prior posts.

Now that I have explained a bit about the interplay between the ovaries and adrenal glands, let’s move on to what you can do about it, naturally.

I would argue the there are two main nutrients at the top of the list.

  1. Iodine
  2. Wheat germ oil

I have talked extensively about iodine as it relates to hormone health in earlier posts and on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Solutions-Integrative-Health-Care/167024840053867.  However, I will do a brief review.

  1. Iodine is the major fuel for your thyroid, ovaries, and pituitary gland
  2. It is used in estrogen metabolism
  3. It is pushed out by chlorine, fluoride, and bromide (common additives in tap water and bread products)
  4. It dissolves cystic cells i.e., breast, uterine, ovarian, and skin
  5. It thins mucous and nourishes mucous membranes (useful for sinus congestion and eye and vaginal dryness)

Wheat germ oil is source of vitamin E.  Vitamin E is the precursor to our sex hormones.  Wheat berry is broken down in the roller mill during the milling process, and the germ and the bran are separated from the carbohydrate.  The carbohydrate is pulverized and sold as white flour.  The germ carries the oil, which carries the vitamin E.  The bran carries the B vitamin factors.  So the pigs that get the wheat germ get the vitamin E, the cows that get the bran get the  B vitamins and we get the left over starch.

So, those of you that have inquiring minds are saying to yourself, “Hey, if tap water depletes our iodine stores and bread products deplete our vitamin E stores, then wouldn’t most people need these nutrients?”

By | 2018-02-14T17:26:14+00:00 February 14th, 2018|Uncategorized|0 Comments

About the Author:

Leave A Comment